Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BOO!

Happy Wednesday! Are you having a good week?  Well, it is raining here in NH, but very typical for a New England Fall, but the colors are gorgeous. I am hoping to find a few spare moments to capture a few pictures before the leaves change to much.

Guess what today is??? Inky Impressions Challenge day.  The challenge this week is Fall or Halloween colors.  Oh, my favorite.  I have so much Halloween paper, and yet I continue to buy it. Yikes.

For today's challenge, I used "Lili's secret" from Inky impressions, although she is not very "Halloweenish", I thought the saying and her expression worked here.  What do you think?  Think this works? I used my new pad of Erie Baci Grey paper, which I am loving.  I have become a complete Basic Grey junkie.  Seriously, I don't know why I buy anything else.  I always end up going back to the Basic Grey 6x6 pads.  I wish all companies made 6x6 designer paper.  oooh, I love it (the paper, that is).

While making this card, I decided it looked blah, so I decided to go with rub ons.  what do you think? Are they to much?  I got them at the Target $1.00 stop, and I can't resist anything for a buck.  Glad I used them though.  I have really been trying to use from my current stash, as it has gotten out of control.  My one thing that I have a problem with is DP. I have them seperated in seasons, for catagories, but as I buy new stuff, it gets more and more out of control, and now I have no idea what I bought.  How do you store your DP?  Any suggestions.

Well, that is it for me today. I am headed to class.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and Happy Creating!


11 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Brilliant card dear just love the colours and those great embellies and papers
Hugs Jacqui x

jan farnworth said...

love your card you did a great job. As for my dp it in a mess right now. I try to sort it by design. Like floral, strips, dots, and then just halloween and christmas are stored by holiday unless i think it could go in one of the other categories.

Crystal said...

Kristen this is one fab Halloween card!!! LOVE the papers and the way you colored her...TOOOO Darling, Your added stitching is PERFECT!!!! I know what you mean I have boat loads of Halloween paper, I love making Halloween cards!!! Have a great day!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Kristen,

What a fab fall card. Love the colours and the stitching.

Ali x

Basement Stamper said...

Great card, I think the rub-ons are great! The $1 spot is hard to avoid!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is adorable! I can't wait to see your creations at tomorrow's PCS release! ;)

Danni said...

Very cute card!!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to use surprise Lili like this! The Boo is perfect! It is funny how the paper collections just keep going! ugh! I bought more Christmas paper today...that is my downfall! and more stamps! lol
Pam Going Postal

Kristine said...

Hi Kristen :) Great job with the Halloween part of the challenge! I'm not big on halloween, but you can't go wrong with these stamps can we? I tried a halloween one today as well. Just goes to show ya, you can color them ANY ol' colors and if they don't look spectacular, that's GREAT---cause they're just dressed up for HALLOWEEN!!! :) LOL.

Kristine said...

uh, um! I was totally referring to mine not turning out how I thought, NOT yours!! LOL - I'm a ditz!

Mary C said...

This is a great Halloween card! You coloring on it is fantastic and I love the layout you used. With your family's love of Halloween it doesn't surprise me that your Halloween cards rock!!!