Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Whachadoin Wednesday: it's a ocean around here.

GOOD MORNING! It's Wednesday and Wednesday's mean WHachadoin Wednesday challenge over at SU INK & MORE. The challenge today is summer theme. Well, I have the most adorable set from SU INK, and I couldn't wait to use it. The name of this set is "Ocean Commotion", and it is soooo cute. As you can see, I used a bunch of the stamps from the set and wanted to use more of the fish and things, but it was starting to get really crowded. I just love the set.

My card was inspired by a card done by Nikki Estes. I am pretty happy with the way my card came out. Honestly, it too me 2 hours to make this card, and I spent probably 1 1/2 hours just coloring it, but it was so fun. I am not typically a scene kind of card maker, but I like the way this turned out. What do you think?

I also wanted to try to capture the sparkle I put on the fish. I think that was successful.
Well, that is all for me today. I have Beachitis (exhausted from to much vacation, and I am hoping to get a nap in today. Would love for you to play with us today. DO you have a beach card you need/want to make? Come play with us!

Have a great day and happy Creating!

Supplies
Stamps: Ocean Commotion from SU INK & MORE, Simple Stitches from CTMH
Papers; We R Memories DP, Coredinations cardstock, PTI white cardstock
Ink: copics, copic liner
Acces:Nesties,pop dots

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!

Congrats on making the Inky team again. I am so excited!! >:0)

Michelle Quinno said...

wow, that is fantastic! I'm not a scene card maker either but you did a great job!!

Hope you get your nap in!

Basement Stamper said...

Great scene, I can tell you spend a great amount of time coloring this, and it is awesome! I like this set is a lot!

Crystal said...

What a beautiful scene!!! What a great card..I am so excited to be working with you and Inky...congrats to you!!

Peggy said...

Wow!!! Great card!!! I love it!!! The background is amazing!!

Pia said...

Simply adorable, well not simply really--great job coloring! I may have to buy this set, I love fish stuff!

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so darn cute...what fun detail!

kareN stampZ said...

they're gorgeous - what a fun card

Stressed Stamper said...

Love it - made me smile

Sarah

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable card, Kristen! Love the sparkle! I have to make time to do this challenge because I want to get my Ocean Commotion set inky, too!

Peggy said...

absolutely adorable!! love the fish

Leslie said...

Kristen, wow, what a lot of work, it is always so funny when we admit that we actually sit around and color like kids for fun. Well, crayons or markers, I love your scene!! Great job! Leslie

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Super cute! Love the little guys!

Judy said...

What an amazing card. Love the colours - they're just perfect. You are right - this is a real fun set.

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie. I wanted to let you know that I resent "that" email. Let me know if you do not receive it again.

Hope you are having a fabulous day!!

Mary C said...

This card couldn't be any cuter Kristen! I love all the sparkle on the fish. This is a fantastic card