Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Whachadoin Wednesday challenge #37-Same but different





Happy Wednesday All. Are you have a WONDERFUL Wednesday? You know what Wednesday means..... Whachadoin Wednesday challenge with SU INK. The challenge today was to make 2 cards the same, same layout, same stamp, but different. It can be whatever you would like. So, when I made my cards for the challenge, I also incorporated MJ's sketch challenge. Woo Hoo, two challenges in one. Love it!!!

My first card was made using "Rain, Rain Go Away" by SU INK. I paper pieced he boys rain suit and colored the rest. I kinda like how the mud turned out in the puddle. Does it look like mud?





My second card, using same sketch different materials, was made using SU INK's "Welcome To The Zoo" set. When I made this card, I had a friend's baby in mind, so I went with that. I did end up using blue and yellow on both cards. This card ended up being more on the simple side than I am used to. I am not good at SIMPLE!

Well, that is it for today. I am have tickets to the RED SOX game tonight, but the weather is not looking to good. It poured all day yesterday, and was nice this morning, but now it is starting to get really dark. I sure do hope it holds out.

If you get a chance, hop on over to the SU INK blog and check out the rest of the sample from the design team. They are all so creative. Have a great Wednesday and pray for sun for me.

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: SU INK, and sentiment by AMUSE.
paper, SU cardstock, and Little yellow bicycle DP.
ink: memento black, copics
misc: brads and ribbon.

9 comments:

kareN stampZ said...

they're lovely - gorgeous stamps & colouring (per usual)

Michelle Quinno said...

Those two are way too cute!! Love the yellow/blue combo! I love how you pierced them too.

Good luck with the game!

Laura said...

Oh, these are GREAT! I love how you matched the patterned paper on your paper piecing. Great Job!

Sharon Caudle said...

So CUTE, Kristen! I love the colors you used!

cats whiskers said...

Wow these are just stunning what beautiful colors and images, just perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Kerry D-C said...

These are FANTABULOUS, Kristen!
LOVE THE RAIN COAT!
You never stop amazing me!

MJ said...

Oh my gosh these brought a big smile to my face. How cute. I love the elephant paper pieced in that blue, so adorable. And the outfit is perfect on the first one. thanks for playing.

kssdesigns said...

These cards are adorable! I love the look of paper piecing and your color combos are awesome!

Anne said...

Fab cards Kristen and I love the muddy puddle, it's just right!