Friday, April 3, 2009

Baby on Board!


First let me say "NO, not me"!!!! I have a friend that has 4 kids from ages 6 to 6 months, and is now pregnant with her 5th child. So, when I saw this High hopes stamp, I knew I had to make her a card with it.

The stamp only comes with 3 bunnies, so I had to paper piece a bunny in, but I think it worked. I obviously had to write on her shirt, but I REALLY wish my writing was better. I feel like it kind of takes a little away from the card. The good news, she doesn't make a cards, so she won't even notice.

Any big plans for the weekend? Are you ready for Easter? DO you know, I didn't even realize that Easter was next Sunday until yesterday. My life has been crazy busy lately. This week I worked 3 days, had a test for my stats and A&P classes, and I have 2 birthday parties this weekend (Happy Birthday Orla)and my daughter's Cheer leading Banquet. On top of that, I have to study for 2 more tests for next week. I can't wait for this semester to be over, 4 weeks and counting!!!

I am off to dinner with my friends this evening (can't wait), and hopefully sneak in another card this weekend. I hope you have a Fantastic Friday and a Wonderful weekend!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sure she is going to love it. Its a really cute card.

Danni said...

You did a wonderful job on this! I think your writing is great and wow, you put the extra bunnies in perfectly!!

Pia said...

So cute Kristen!

Moni said...

Gorgeous card, love the image, you coloured it fab! Love the paper! Hugs, Moni

Michelle Quinno said...

Oooh, that is so cute! Love the writing and it doesn't take away from the card at all. That dp is so pretty!!

Basement Stamper said...

You did an awesome job and don't sell yourself short, the writing looks just fine!

Janet said...

such a cute card! love it:)
hugs

Deby said...

Totally amazingly cute! Your friend is going to love it...especially since it's tailored towards her growing family!!! Fun! (Not me either. We stopped at 6!)

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and adorable all rolled into one. Love it. I don't think the writing takes away at all! I think it adds to it. Super job!

Sharon Caudle said...

This is soooo stinkin CUTE!!!! I love this stamp!! You couln't have picked one any more perfect for your friend! And I sure can't tell it was paper pieced! You did an awesome job! And your writing is wonderful, it doesn't take a single thing away from this card! I love it!

kareN stampZ said...

wow cute & a message - your poor GF I hope she's excited & doesn't feel like a rabbit

Peggy said...

This is so cute and perfect for the occasion. I can't even imagine having that many kids.

Gail S. said...

Very cute card! I think you did a wonderful job. You sound like your schedule is extremely busy...hope you have a good weekend.

Crystal said...

What great colors, its really a wonderful card!!!!

Kerry D-C said...

Heeheehee! This looks exactly like Paula! Fab card! pretty paper!

Crystal said...

Love the card and great dsp too!!!

Cazzy said...

I think that is great, the stamp was a perfect find. Your wrting is fine too.

5 kids and all so young, I couldn't cope with that!

Janna said...

Wow! You are busy! That is a crazy schedcule! This card is just too cute!! I love all the bunnies and I never would have known there weren't four in this iamge. It is perfect! I know your friend will love to receive this!!

Smiles,
janna

Mary C said...

Kristen this card is so stink'n cute. I love that you added the extra bunny. Will you be able to add more bunnies when she keeps adding to her family? I am happy for her and can't wait to hear what she has! Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Daundense [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-differin-no-prescription-online]Buy Differin no prescription online[/url] [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-buspar-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Buspar without no prescription online[/url]