Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SUINKWWC32— The colors of Spring



Happy Wednesday all. I Love Wednesdays! They mean the week is half over and it is Whachadoing Wednesday over at SU INK & More. This weeks challenge is to make a card with spring colors. Well, it's still not spring here in NH (I still have snow in my yard),but it has started to warm up a little. I think it is supposed to get to 50 degrees today. I will take it. I can't wait to pack all the winter coats and boots away. I am longing for the days when I can open the windows and the kids can play outside.

On my card today, I used the SU INK set "some bunny special". I am not really good a creating a scene on my cards, but I thought it would be so cute for the boy and the girl to hold the basket with the little chicks running around. I paper pieced the little girls dress to match my background paper, and the rest is colored. The sketch I used is from MJ's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge. So, I got to use this card for both challenges. I couldn't follow the challenge exactly because I don't have a oval punch (can you believe it), but the rest of the card is pretty much to the sketch.


So, feel like you would like to play along in a few challenges? Head over to SU INK & More and see what the rest of the Design team came up with and play along with us. If you do play please use the keywords SUINKWWC32 when uploading on-line. I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday, and think spring. Happy creating!

Supplies:Stamps: SU INK & MORE, Paper: Making Memories, Core'dinations, Paper Trey White, INK: Copics, and Memento Black

10 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

You did a great job creating a scene!! I can't do that. It's beautiful!

Kerry D-C said...

Super ADORABLE! Love that paper!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute card, love the scene!

Deby said...

Just beautiful! I'm soooooooooo ready for Spring!

Pia said...

Great card and now I know what to get you for your birthday!

Unknown said...

what a fab card....brilliant hugs sassy

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

I think that your blog is absolutely beautiful! As well as your work! I would love to see you enter the Inky Impressions 1st DT Call. Your work is really beautiful!!!!! HUGS! Nicole :)

Mary C said...

What a really cute card Kristen! I hear ya about Spring. I can't wait to smell the fresh air when the windows are open. All the snow is gone here and we started cleaning up the yard.

Laura said...

First of all, I love your new blog look Kristen; AWESOME!!! YOU WWC card is FABULOUS. It looks like you spend HOURS on it. GREAT JOB!!! They scene you created is SO CUTE!

Janna said...

This is adorable!!! Perfect spring colors and papers and i love the layout! The little scene you created is perfect I just adore how the chicks are poking around eating at the grass! Such a fun, fun card!

Smiles,
janna